Mold is a fungus that lives both inside and outside, and thrives best in moist areas. It reproduces by sending spores through the air that make their way to other areas. Mold is typically harmless, and for the most part, people are exposed to it every day.
Sometimes, though, mold can create a problem. This is especially true when it begins growing in your home. When surfaces are moist enough, mold spores can land on them and begin to thrive. Areas of the house that are more susceptible to mold growth include windows or pipes, damp areas such as bathrooms, and areas that have experienced flooding or leaks. It can also grow in paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery.
Having a little bit of mold in the home isn’t likely to cause an issue. But if it continues to grow, it can eat away at the walls, ceiling, and floorboards – and may also lead to illness.Continue reading “How To Safely Remove Mold From Your Home”