There are several different types of mold that can grow in your home. Some are completely harmless. “Innocent” mold – the type that won’t cause toxic effects – will be a nuisance in the sense that it can cause discoloration of walls and has a musty smell. Over time, however, this type of mold can pose a threat to the structure of a building and lead to some expensive repairs. It can also affect your health, but primarily in minimal ways, like triggering allergies.
While innocent mold can be an annoyance, toxic mold can be actively detrimental to your health – and can even cause serious issues if it is not addressed quickly. But the problem with mold is that it can be hard to determine what type you’re dealing with, or whether there is even mold at all, since it can easily grow within the walls of your home and thus can’t be seen until a wall is removed or the smell becomes overbearing.
This dangerous mold is the type that needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible. Read on to find out how to spot dangerous mold, what to do about it, and when you might need to see your doctor.Continue reading “How To Spot Dangerous Mold And When To See A Doctor If You Think You’ve Been Exposed”